Saturday, March 7, 2015

I thought I saw death. I thought I was going to die. #Selma50 John Lewis ‏@repjohnlewis

  1.  retweeted
    I had a concussion there at the bridge, and I've never been able to recall how we made it back.
  2.   retweeted
    I thought I saw death. I thought I was going to die.
  3.   retweeted
    I was hit in the head by a state trooper with a nightstick. My legs went out from under me.
  4.   retweeted
    They came toward us beating us with nightsticks, bullwhips, trampling us with horses, releasing the teargas.
  5.   retweeted
    The Major paused for a minute and then he said, "Troopers advance!" And you saw these men putting on their gas masks.
  6.   retweeted
    "I'll give you three minutes to disperse and return to your homes or to your church."
  7.   retweeted
    He said, "This is an unlawful march. It will not be allowed to continue."
  8.   retweeted
    When we got to the apex of the bridge, down below we saw a sea of blue...
  9.   retweeted
    50 yrs ago today, we set out to march from Selma to Montgomery to dramatize to the nation that people of color were denied the right to vote

No comments:

Post a Comment